Hallmark Hulme Complaints Procedure
Hallmark Hulme is authorised and regulated by Solicitors Regulation Association (SRA) (registered no 497794). References to ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ in this document means the Company of Hallmark Hulme LLP.
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong you need to tell us about it this will help improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Lesley Bartlett, our Complaints Manager by telephone or in writing.
You can contact Ms Bartlett at the Hallmark Hulme office:-
By post to Hallmark Hulme Solicitors, 3-4 Sansome Place, Worcester WR1 1UQ
By email to Lesley.firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone 01905 726600
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 3 working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve one or more of the following steps:
- Ms Bartlett will investigate your complaint with reference to the file and the Solicitor/Legal Advisor who acted for you and respond to your complaint in detail within 14 working days unless you are notified to the contrary (for example, if Ms Bartlett is not available or the matter is particularly lengthy or complex);
- If, after having received Ms Bartlett’s response in writing, you are still dissatisfied, Ms Bartlett will then invite you to a meeting and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 3 working days unless you are notified to the contrary.
- Within 7 working days of the meeting, Ms Bartlett will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- Another partner of the firm will review Ms Bartlett’s decision within 10 working days
- We could ask another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint within 7 working days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation within 7 working days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We may vary the above procedures or timescales if we deem it appropriate to do so but we will notify you accordingly in that event.
- If the above procedure does not lead to a satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks, you can complain to The Legal Ombudsman at:The Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
WV1 9WJAny complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 12 months of the date of our final letter to you and you will have six years from the date of the act/omission or within three years of the date from which you should have become aware of the cause of complaint in which to bring a claim.For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman www.legalombudsman.org.uk Tel 0300 555 0333 or email@example.com
- Alternative complaints bodies such as Ombudsman Services, ProMediate and Small Claims Mediation exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services subject to both you and our firm wishing to use such a scheme.